- This Student license is for current University of Calgary students for use on their personally owned or leased computers. This Student license is intended for course related activities, NOT research.
- This license is NOT for University of Calgary staff members. Nor is this license intended for installation on University owned computers.
- Academics are eligible for a free copy via Mathworks. Please click HERE
Matlab Student license comes with the following products / toolboxes:
- Bioinformatics Toolbox
- Control System Toolbox
- Curve Fitting Toolbox
- DSP System Toolbox
- Data Acquisition Toolbox
- Image Processing Toolbox
- Instrument Control Toolbox
- Optimization Toolbox
- Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Simulink Control Design
- Statistics Toolbox
- Symbolic Math Toolbox
Note: Version 2014A is what is installed in UC labs for 2014/15 academic year
- Your IT email address uses 8 characters or less. (For example, firstname.lastname@example.org - NOT email@example.com)
- In Step 1, you must use your IT email address but you can choose your own password. This will be your Mathworks account.
- In Step 2, you must use the IT email address and the password you use to log in to campus computers.
There are 4 parts involved (Click the link for an in-depth guide to that part):
1. Register with MathWorks
Visit http://www.mathworks.com/ and register for an account. For Email Address, please use your IT email. (Please note: Your e-mail should NOT have any periods(.) in it.
Note: You MUST answer "Academic Use (including campus/site license)" when answering "How will you use Mathworks Software" on the form.
2. Get Activation Key
Visit this page to retrieve the activation key. You will need the key to install Matlab.
3. Associate your MathWorks Account
Add the activation key obtained in Part 2 to your MathWorks account via the "Manage Licenses" button in the License Center and download Java if it is not already installed.
4. Download Matlab from MathWorks
Download and install Matlab via the MathWorks website.
Note: Version 2013A is what is installed in UC labs for 2013/14 academic year
Student License Renewal Instructions - returning students
- Run Matlab
- Open the "Help" Menu, then navigate into the "Licensing" sub-menu.
- From here, you need to run "Update Current Licenses"
If your license has already expired, you can launch the activation client directly here:
If you are unable to connect to the internet, you will need to update your license file manually by following the instructions here:
After following these instructions you will need to launch the activation client from the previously provided link.
If you are having any problems installing Matlab or have any questions about the installation proceudre for other platforms, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org